Prevent Dental Damage With Tooth Fillings in Oakmont, PA
Even if you faithfully visit the dentist twice a year as recommended, cavities may make an appearance in your smile. Don’t worry if this happens to you – Oakmont Advanced Dentistry can repair your decayed tooth and help prevent the need for more invasive dental work. At our Oakmont, PA dentist office, tooth fillings can:Doctor Thomas Czech on tooth fillings at Oakmont Advanced Dentistry Read Transcript
What necessitates the need for a filling is when there's a cavity in the tooth, decay in the tooth, and the decay needs to be removed and then you fill the tooth back up with either a composite or amalgam. When we do fillings or restorative dentistry, basically we start and make sure you're numb and comfortable. Test the tooth, make sure all the signs are there, and then we start.
Whatever we think is best, whatever the patient would like, and that's what we do.
- Stop tooth decay and restore your tooth to full function.
- Put an end to your pain so you can eat what you want.
- Last for decades before needing replacement.
- Prevent damage to your gums and healthy teeth.
Call our dental team today to schedule your appointment: 412-828-3311. Our practice is located across the street from Vocelli Pizza, right in the heart of Oakmont.
Repair Your Tooth With Your Choice of Filling Material
Rather than offering just a single option, we believe in giving our patients choices in their dental care. That’s why we have several types of fillings we can use for tooth repair. At your appointment, we’ll be happy to discuss them with you and answer any questions you might have. You can choose from:
- Traditional Metal Amalgam Fillings – These silver fillings have stood the test of time – they’ve been used for more than 150 years around the world. They are durable and can last longer than composite fillings. Plus, amalgam fillings are also the least expensive filling option.
- Composite Resin Fillings – Many patients choose this filling type because it is tooth-colored and will blend in naturally with your other teeth. Also, for those patients who would rather have a non-metal filling, composite is often the go-to option.
- Porcelain Fillings – Porcelain will match your tooth color and can last for decades without needing replacement. Plus, these fillings will feel more like a natural tooth than other filling options. Porcelain is often used when the damaged area is larger than a traditional filling will repair.
- Gold Fillings – Gold won’t corrode and is the best material for withstanding the powerful forces of biting and chewing. Although these fillings are more expensive than other types, they are a great option for patients who like the look of gold rather than silver.
Get the right tooth fillings you need to save your teeth. Call us today at 412-828-3311 to make your appointment.