Regular checkups at Oakmont Advanced Dentistry will go a long way toward helping your smile stay healthy. Routine dental care is important for keeping your teeth and mouth clean and for catching disease in its early stages. Here’s what else dental cleanings and exams in Oakmont will do:Doctor Todd Resek on Dental Cleanings and Exams at Oakmont Advanced Dentistry Read Transcript
When we get a new patient, we'd like to spend some time getting to know you. We like to review medical history, find out a little bit about yourself, where you live. We like to just start building a relationship. Our office, really one of the things we enjoy most is relationships and keeping people for the longterm, but we do realize that your time is very valuable. There are dental offices out there, they want to see you and they want to just examine you and then clean you at a later date. We recognize that time is of the essence with people today, so we want to meet you and get to know you, but we want to clean you and examine you and take X-rays, if necessary, at your first visit. So barring anything unforeseen, that's what we'll do.
- Increase your confidence when interacting with others
- Give you peace of mind that you’re taking care of your oral health
- Help reduce the need for more extensive dental care in the future
- Keep you smiling brightly and chewing comfortably
Call us today to schedule your next checkup: 412-828-3311. You’ll find us at 200 Allegheny River Blvd. – between California Avenue and College Avenue. We’re open as early as 8 a.m. and as late as 8 p.m.
Keep Your Smile in Shape With Our Expert Dental Checkups
We love to help our patients maintain gorgeous, healthy smiles. We treat people – not just teeth. When a patient leaves our office better than when they came in, we feel like we’ve done our job. One of the best ways we can help our patient family is through performing excellent routine care. At your regular checkup, there are a number of things you can expect from us, including:
- Comprehensive Dental Exam – We will look at your teeth, gums, and entire mouth in depth so we can catch any small problems before they get bigger. Your exam will include taking any necessary images with low-radiation digital X-rays, using a cavity detector to spot early signs of tooth decay, and performing an oral cancer screening.
- Thorough Teeth Cleaning – At the same visit as your exam, one of our skilled hygienists will carefully clean your teeth. They will remove plaque, tartar, and disease-causing bacteria to make your mouth sparkling clean, paying special attention to hard-to-reach areas your toothbrush misses. You’ll leave with that clean-teeth feeling you can only get at the dentist.
- Treatment Recommendations – If needed, we will detail any recommended treatments to either repair or enhance your smile. These could include gum disease treatment, fluoride treatment, tooth sealants, fillings, orthodontic treatment, or other services.