I think today's dentist is a physician of the oral cavity more than ever before. We do more in this office than just simply drill cavities out and put silver fillings in people's teeth. In fact, that's the least that we do now. But general dentistry is still a very large part of our practice. General dentistry is hygiene cleanings and cancer screenings and looking at your soft tissue. We're looking at the health of your gums. We're checking you for sleep apnea through screeners and inquiries and conversations. Basically, general dentistry today is taking care of all aspects of your oral cavity.
Routine dentistry is the cornerstone of a healthy, bright smile. Comprehensive dental care is important to the long-term health of your teeth, gums, and mouth. At Oakmont Advanced Dentistry, general dentistry in Oakmont is much more than just regular checkups. Care in our office will:
- Improve your confidence because you know your smile looks its best
- Help catch and treat oral problems early, before they can worsen
- Prevent cavities and disease that could wreck your smile or endanger your overall health
- Help you avoid more expensive, invasive dental procedures later on
Call us today to schedule your next appointment: 412-828-3311. Our friendly office is located at 200 Allegheny River Blvd. in Oakmont – just a few blocks from Kerr Museum.
Protect Your Teeth & Your Smile With General Dental Care
Oakmont Advanced Dentistry makes it easy to maintain your smile. With two top-notch dentists, modern technology, evening and early-morning appointments, and a convenient location, we can handle any of your dental needs. Below are some types of general dentistry we perform:
- Dental Cleanings and Exams – Not only will we clean your teeth, but we’ll also use a cavity detector and digital X-rays to look for tooth decay and signs of disease, as well as perform an oral cancer screening.
- Gum Disease Treatment – We can use either gentle laser treatment or deep cleaning treatment to safely remove bacteria from below your gumline.
- Dental Sealants – Sealants are like raincoats for your teeth, blocking out disease-causing bacteria and helping your teeth stay healthy.
- Fluoride Treatments and Varnishes – These treatments help prevent cavities and can even reverse tooth decay in its early stages. Fluoride is important for protecting both kids’ and adults’ teeth due to increased gum recession and risk for decay as we age.
- Nutritional Counseling – We’ll help you understand the huge role the food you eat plays in your oral and overall health.
- Mouthguards For Sports and Bruxism – Protect your teeth against injury from athletic activities and bruxism (teeth grinding) with these custom oral devices.
- NTI-tss Appliance – This custom molded acrylic device helps prevent harmful teeth grinding and clenching while you sleep.
- Teeth Fillings – Our dentists will stop decay and repair your teeth with amalgam, composite, porcelain, or gold fillings. We’ll help you decide which option is best for you.
- Bad Breath and Dry Mouth Treatment – Let us know if you suffer from either of these chronic conditions. We can help.