Dental Implants in Oakmont, PA Let You Smile Again
If missing teeth are making it tough to smile and chew, we have good news for you. Dr. Resek and Dr. Bell have many ways to use dental implants in Oakmont to restore your teeth. With expert implant dentistry from Oakmont Advanced Dentistry, you will soon:Image Title: Dental Implants Doctor Todd Resek on placing implants with cone beam technology at Oakmont Advanced Dentistry Read Transcript
My favorite new piece of equipment is our cone beam CT scan. We place dental implants in our office and it gives us a 3D view into your jaw. Traditionally, dentists and surgeons placed implants off of a 2D Panorex, and dentists did a great job doing it. 3D just gives us one extra dimension. So when I do an implant, I will plan your implant on the computer with high tech software, and we will do the implant on the computer, and I will create a surgical guide based on the computer model and then we will just simply replicate it in your mouth to keep it reasonably quick and simple for you. The cone beam has allowed us to see hidden pathology around root canals that could not be discovered before. It's really opened up a whole new avenue of discovery in my dental office, and I am proud to be one of the few dentists around that have it.
- Smile with renewed confidence knowing your teeth look great
- Improve your oral health and help prevent total body health issues
- Eat foods you’ve had to avoid
- Enjoy a younger, more vibrant appearance
- Talk and be understood easier without repeating yourself
- Help protect your jawbone against deterioration caused by tooth loss
- Look healthier and more attractive
Call our friendly dental team today to schedule your $89 implant consultation: 412-828-3311. You will find us at 200 Allegheny River Blvd. – just a few blocks down from Oakmont Bakery.
Restore Your Smile & Protect Your Jawbone With Implants
Teeth implants are titanium inserts that function like replacement tooth roots. Your dentist will place them in your jaw where they chemically bond with your bone. They serve as an excellent base for different tooth restorations.
In addition, implants will stimulate your jaw to produce new bone cells. When you lose a tooth and its roots, your jawbone in that area will slowly begin to resorb, or deteriorate. If you lose enough teeth, your facial structure can actually change over time, giving you a “sunken-face” appearance that will make you look several years older. New implants will help preserve your bone just like your natural teeth do.
Along with a complete examination, we’ll use a cone beam CT scanner to determine if you’re a good candidate for traditional dental implants. If you’re not, then mini implants may be a good option for you. They are smaller and require less bone to fuse with. If needed, we can also perform a bone graft to help your jawbone grow new bone cells.
Select From Several Types of Implant Restorations
Below are a few of the dental implant options available to you at Oakmont Advanced Dentistry:
- Implant Crowns – To replace a single tooth, your dentist can mount a beautiful porcelain crown to the top of your implant. It will match the color of your existing teeth, so it will blend in naturally for an aesthetically pleasing look. An implant crown will restore about 90 percent of your biting and chewing capacity, so you’ll be able to eat and enjoy a wider variety of foods again.
- Implant Bridges – If you have more than one missing tooth, we can place two or more implants that will secure several replacement teeth. The bridge will span the gap where your teeth were, attaching on either end to implants. Just as with individual crowns, your new bridge will blend in seamlessly and give you renewed biting power and confidence when smiling.
- Implant-Retained Dentures – With implants, modern dentures fit more securely and feel more comfortable than ever. With your implants in place, we can attach a set of dentures to them using a system of balls and snaps. You won’t have to worry about these dentures slipping out of place and embarrassing you, plus you can easily remove them for routine care and cleaning. Unlike traditional dentures, implant dentures will help keep your jawbone healthy and intact.
- Implant-Supported Dentures – These fantastic restorations are similar to implant-retained dentures, except they attach to a bar that runs along your implants. This setup transfers biting forces to your jawbone rather than your gums, just like your natural teeth do. They are our most comfortable and secure dentures option and will also help prevent bone loss.
Call us today at 412-828-3311 for a consultation to see if dental implants in Oakmont are right for you, or schedule online. Get your smile and your bite back soon!