Our office does a lot of oral surgery. Our three dentists have quite a bit of experience removing regular, easy-to-access teeth as well as broken down, decayed, hard-to-get-to teeth. We will refer most of our impacted wisdom tooth cases to our local oral surgeon, but we are proficient at and enjoy oral surgery.
One thing that I think is really important, if you lose a tooth, you should have the tooth replaced. You have to prepare that area, or that site, at the time of extraction. I am a big proponent of socket preservation, or bone grafting the site. It sort of gives you back your biology, if you will, and gives you great hard bone for whatever your tooth replacement preferred method will be down the road.
There’s no need to fear oral surgery in Oakmont. Its scary reputation is undeserved. In fact, it’s often the best way to get you out of dental pain and restore your oral health. In addition, procedures such as bone grafts are sometimes needed to prepare you for dental implants or other treatments. At Oakmont Advanced Dentistry, oral surgery procedures are never scary!
Our dentists have years of hands-on experience with tooth extractions and other procedures. Still, they regularly pursue continuing education to stay abreast of the latest treatment methods. In addition to skilled dentists, you’ll find:
- A comfortable, completely private operatory
- A choice of two kinds of relaxation methods, including laughing gas
- Convenient hours, same-day visits in many cases, and no-rush appointments so we can take time to explain everything
- Advanced technology like a cone beam CT scan that enables us to better plan your oral surgery procedures
To find out if you may need dental surgery, call 412-828-3311.
Find the Comfortable Dental Surgery You Need
Whether you need to have a tooth removed or a procedure to prepare you for dental implants, our dentists can help. You can get:
- Tooth extractions to remove a damaged tooth or to prepare you for dentures or another dental restoration
- Bone grafts to strengthen your jaw for implants
- Ridge augmentation to restore the shape of your gums and jaw and prepare you for implants
- Socket preservation to minimize bone loss after an extraction and keep the area in good shape for a future tooth replacement
While local anesthesia will keep you comfortable during oral surgery procedures, you can also receive a dental relaxation method. We offer two different kinds, so you can choose the one best suited to your situation. Laughing gas takes effect quickly and wears off quickly too. An oral medication allows you to arrive for your procedure already relaxed.
To see if you need oral surgery in Oakmont, PA, call 412-828-3311 for a consultation or schedule online. We welcome patients from surrounding communities too, including Plum, Verona, Arnold, Hampton, and Penn Hills.