If your crooked smile has bothered you for a long time, why not make 2023 the year you do something about it? You may have passed on orthodontics because you didn’t want to spend many months wearing bulky metal braces. The good news is, you don’t have to with a clear aligner option. At Oakmont Advanced Dentistry, we can straighten your teeth with SureSmile® instead of braces.
While not all orthodontic issues can be corrected with SureSmile aligners, they work well for many common problems. The best way to see if you’re a candidate for this treatment is to visit us for a consultation. In the meantime, check out some of the reasons our patients love SureSmile:
- Treatment Speed – It can take two years or more to straighten teeth with braces. In contrast, most SureSmile patients complete their treatment within 12 months. If you are fixing simple cosmetic issues involving your front teeth, it may be possible to finish your treatment in as few as three months.
- Ease of Removing Aligners – It’s easy to remove your aligners for meals and for oral hygiene. That means you can eat whatever you’d like, with no worries about getting food caught in braces. Brushing and flossing are much easier without braces too, so you won’t have any problems keeping your teeth clean and cavity-free.
- Comfort – Metal brackets and wires can really irritate your mouth and gums. That’s not an issue with SureSmile. The smooth plastic aligners fit snugly over your teeth. There may be some mild pressure when switching to a new set of aligners, but it typically only lasts a few days.
- Nearly Invisible Appearance – One of the biggest benefits of SureSmile treatment is the fact that most people probably won’t even notice you’re wearing the clear aligners. Unlike braces, you won’t feel self-conscious in business and social settings.
- Fewer Office Visits – There’s no need to make frequent trips to our Oakmont, PA office for frequent adjustments – an uncomfortable process that involves your dentist tightening the metal wires of braces. You simply come in for quick progress checks every six weeks or so.