- We complete most procedures in just one visit
- Soothing relaxation methods keep you calm
- You won’t wait days for a CEREC dental crown
When you have extensive tooth decay, you may need a root canal to stop your pain without having to remove the tooth. If you need root canal treatment, the team at Oakmont Advanced Dentistry has the experience to handle your procedure quickly and comfortably. Here’s what you can expect from our root canals in Oakmont:Image Title: Root Canals Doctor Todd Resek on Root Canal Therapy at Oakmont Advanced Dentistry Read Transcript
Doctor Todd Resek on Root Canal Therapy at Oakmont Advanced Dentistry
Root canals still have a notorious reputation in dentistry. Everybody knows somebody that had a bad experience with root canals, or somebody had a bad experience themselves. I have been doing root canals for 25 years, and I find that if the tooth is not infected, and we're able to get the patient properly numb, we can create an absolutely comfortable, reasonably quick procedure.
There are cases when we have to send out root canals to our specialist to be handled. Although we have a fantastic team of specialists that we work with, we do most of them in our office. Majority of our root canals take one visit to complete these days. Typically, in the past, when I was a new dentist, they took two or three visits to do a root canal. They're safe, they are effective. They're a great way to invest in keeping your own tooth.
The best tooth that you have is the one that's already in your mouth.
- Same-day emergency appointments whenever possible
- Relaxation methods, if desired, to help you stay completely calm during your visit
- Trained staff dedicated to providing you the most comfortable care possible
- Treatment in just one visit in most cases
- Early-morning and evening appointments to work around your schedule
- Same-day CEREC crowns to cap your repaired tooth
Call us today to schedule your root canal appointment: 412-828-3311. We are at the corner of Allegheny River Boulevard and College Avenue in Oakmont – just a few blocks from the riverfront.
Root Canal Therapy Relieves Your Pain
Like many people, you probably have a bad image of root canal procedures. However, they are actually a comfortable and beneficial treatment, especially in the skilled hands of Dr. Resek and Dr. Bell. In fact, a root canal procedure is performed to stop your pain – not cause it. Most of our patients feel nothing more than if they were getting a tooth filled!
If tooth decay is left untreated, it may eventually reach the soft inner portion of the tooth, called the pulp. When the pulp becomes infected, the resulting pain can be intense. To get you out of pain and attempt to save the tooth, we will likely recommend root canal treatment.
One of our dentists will:
- Create a small opening in the top of your tooth
- Remove the diseased pulp and apply a disinfecting medication to get rid of bacteria
- Clean and shape the tooth’s root canals and fill them with a special rubber-like material to prevent further problems
- Put a temporary filling in place to seal the tooth
If you would like to fully restore your diseased tooth, we can craft a porcelain crown right in our office the same day, using the advanced technology of our CEREC system. The new crown will fit over your tooth to strengthen and protect it, as well as restore your biting and chewing power.