If your teeth are damaged or missing, then Oakmont Advanced Dentistry can use the versatility of dental bridges and same-day crowns in Oakmont to help you. Dr. Resek and Dr. Bell love to see our patients regain full use of their mouths. A new crown or dental bridge will:Image Title: Dental Bridges and Same-Day crowns Doctor Todd Resek on Crowns and Bridges at Oakmont Advanced Dentistry Read Transcript
If you have a tooth that is severely compromised by decay or has a really large filling in it you may be a candidate for a crown which is commonly known as a cap, it fits down over top of the tooth like a hat and protects the tooth.
If you're missing a tooth we can create a bridge for you which spans the missing space, it's actually three caps that are tied together and it can replace a missing tooth. You glue it down over top of your prepared teeth, they're permanent, they're glued in, we actually have the ability to make them on our CAD/CAM machine in some instances we can make bridges in one day. They are beautiful looking, they're aesthetic, they're strong, they're functional, but they must be flossed just like the rest of your teeth.
- Replace or repair missing teeth and give you a healthy-looking smile
- Eliminate pain when biting and chewing
- Let you enjoy foods you’ve been missing out on
- Protect a weak tooth against further damage
- Give you a younger, more robust appearance
- Increase your confidence to get ahead in your career
- Help you speak clearly and be understood
Talk to a member of our friendly team to schedule an appointment. Call 412-828-3311 today. Our office is easy to find at 200 Allegheny River Blvd. – just a few blocks from Riverside Park. Late-evening and same-day emergency appointments are available.
Enjoy Eating & Smiling Again With Crowns & Bridges
As some of our most popular, versatile dental restorations, crowns and bridges give you many options for getting back your smile. During your exam and consultation, we’ll work with you to design a treatment plan that fits your needs and desires. Here are a few of your choices:
- CEREC Same-Day Crowns – We can repair your damaged tooth or restore your dental implant with a beautiful crown made right in our office – while you wait! You won’t have to wear a temporary crown for weeks, and there’s no need to return to have your crown placed. You’ll be in and out in one visit.
- Fixed Bridges – Fill gaps in your smile with a sturdy bridge. These appliances replace teeth with tooth replacements secured on both ends to your own teeth.
- Implant Crowns – A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that we can cap with a crown to replace missing teeth. Implants will also stimulate your jawbone just like natural teeth, helping prevent bone deterioration.
- Implant Bridges – These appliances replace several missing teeth like a traditional fixed bridge except they anchor to dental implants. Just like implant crowns, they will help keep your jawbone intact.